please Login or Register.
Apr 18th, 2024, 3:22pm 
   Myriad Forum
   Other subjects
(Moderator: Forum Administrator)
   Feel ripped off by Myriad
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply | Notify of replies | Print
   Author  Topic: Feel ripped off by Myriad  (Read 754 times)
Jwhatx
Board Newbie

Feel ripped off by Myriad  
« on: Jun 21st, 2018, 12:41pm »
Quote | Modify

I purchased the pdf pro software in error thinking it woukd transpose my pdf notation

I didnt realise there was a ‘try it’ option I therefore spent ¤199 on this  

I immediately realised it was a mistake and made a reasonable request for a refund  

I have been completely denied this option

I am not a frequent open  source user nor a professional musician  

When I have made errors with software companies in the past they have refunded me as part of their customer service  

I feel totally ripped off  

I know I made a mistake . But this while exoerience has left a very bad feeling  

Anyne have any suggestions/influence?  

Thanks  
Tony Deff
Board Master

Email

Re: Feel ripped off by Myriad  
« Reply #1 on: Jun 21st, 2018, 3:43pm »
Quote | Modify

Wow! That's a pretty big mea culpa you are "fessing-up" to!  

Not only did you jump-in without looking, but you opted for the professional version at 160 Euros more than the version that suits most of us.
That must have seemed pretty odd to Myriad.

You could export in popular XML format and look around the web for someone to transpose for you.

I do not know the full capabilities of Melody Player, but assuming you do not want to download the free version to find out, you could export your PDF as Myriad's own ".myr" format (or XML) and ask (pretty please) for someone to volunteer transposing it for you.

Anglophone, HA 64 Win.10.
An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less until he knows absolutely everything about nothing.
Jwhatx
Board Newbie

« Reply #2 on: Jun 21st, 2018, 5:32pm »
Quote | Modify

Thanks  

I did by hand in the end  

Just want a refund !
ANdre_B
Board Master

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jun 22nd, 2018, 8:47pm »
Quote | Modify

JW,  

I read your posts and reviewed the Sales Conditions of Myriad, as well as the related articles of the French Consumer Right laws.  

Note that I'm not a Myriad employee nor shareholder, just a customer.  

It is clearly stated in the Sales Conditions  that there is no refund option once you received the product serial number.  

Myriad provides potential customers with a free demo/evaluation function, with some clearly stated limitations.  
Your expectation is not a basic one for this kind of product, so that you should have evaluated it before buying; eventually asking questions on this forum.  

Generally PDFtoMusic is used as a first step before using a Score Editor, particularly the PRO version which an export in MusicXML for input into any modern Editor.  Transposing the score is something which normally will be the task of that Editor.  

You may regret ypour purchase, and hope a refund. Not only this is explicitly excluded by the Sales Conditions, but one has to understand that, once you have the product key, and have downloaded the software, it is not possible to prevent you from using the product - certainly offline, and probably the same online.  

You should understand that a software provider could not survive if it would refund on any so-called "selection mistake" while the product could still be used.  

This is inline with the French law; not only with article 1 as mentioned in the Conditions Générales de Vente, but also with article 13 which is more explicitly relevant to software sales.  

Regards    

André Baeck, de retour en Belgique après 12 ans passés dans le Gard.
Windows 11, HA 997e (et précédents)
Pages: 1  Reply | Notify of replies | Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

« Myriad Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB © 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Top of page
Legal information Cookies Last update:  (c) Myriad